29905560

Brought a car 31st July on thd 1st August took it back had

Customer Question

Brought a car 31st July on thd 1st August took it back had few faults we were giving a months warranty when we brought the car after having the car for 8 days with no sign of it getting fixed we asked for a refund we were told we could havd refund subject to 149 pounds administration fee before we agreed to this we noticed they have re advertised our car on ebay surely until we accept the refund the car is legally still ours
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Yes the car is indeed still yours legally but there is nothing stopping them from advertising it speculatively. It does not mean that if someone buys it from them that you would have to part with it. If you have not officially agreed to return the car and they have then sold it, they would be the ones in trouble as they would not have a car to give to the new buyer. So there is nothing stopping them from advertising the car on the assumption that they will soon get it back. They can take the advert down at any time and refuse to accept any offers if they have not got the car back yet. And as mentioned, if it happens that they end up selling it before you have agreed to return it - they will be the ones in the embarrassing position of not having the car to give to the new buyer so they would have to try and explain that and somehow deal with it.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the administration fee they are charging us are they allowed to charge that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before we brought the car it had few issues which were going to be sorted by the new mot we got but it came back from mot with same issues like problem with tyre and bonnet catch and rear wiper blade
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

If you are rejecting the car because it does not adhere to consumer laws, such as not being fit for purpose, of satisfactory quality or as described then no, they should not be charging you an admin fee for rejecting it and requesting a refund

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.