75100385

We are in the process of selling our house. Our neighbour's

Customer Question

We are in the process of selling our house. Our neighbour's next door smoke weed or dope we don't know which. They mainly smoke it in the house, and on the odd time in the garden. We have very rarely smelt it as we don't use the garden much, and it does not come into the house. It does not bother us and we get on well with them. Do we need to declare this to our buyers?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: We would like to know if we are legally obliged to declare to our house buyers about our neighbours smoking dope/weed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you ever made a complaint to the Council or Police about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Then no, you do NOT need to declare this.

If you had reported it to the Police or Council this may have been a dispute and something which needed to be disclosed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that has answered my question.
Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I have just remembered we were also asked this and answered no to it.
Is the seller aware of anything which might lead to a dispute about the property or a property nearby? If yes please give details.
Are we okay as we answered no to this question?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You dont need to worry, its fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it matter if we have reported previous tenants? Who obviously don't live there anymore.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. No difference. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one last question. I did once ring 101 but didn't give my details as I was concerned about a couple of cars outside our house. The next door's neighbour's son, who doesn't live at the address, was with them. I did give them the address next door as I didn't want to use ours. They've never been back and he lives elsewhere. Do I need to declare this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, thats ok. Alex