propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Delivery driver from Yodel damaged my fence while delivering

Delivery driver from Yodel damaged my fence while delivering a parcel to my next door neighbor. He left me with his details and he wanted to deal with it himself rather than going through Yodel's insurance. After waiting for nearly two months I got in touch with Yodel and there branch manager from Wrexham got in touch with me and assured me he will sort it out with the driver and get it sorted. He wanted to fix the fence himself which I had no objection. After number of excuses he told me nothing he can do as that driver was self employed and don't work for them anymore and they are not responsible. He was driving Yodel's van and I have registration number and also witness my next door neighbor who he was delivering. This been going on since 24th September 2015. How do I stand to claim damages from Yodel.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your question.

Very simply this sounds like a case of vicarious liability. This means that an employer / contractor is liable for the acts of its employees / contractors which are carried out during the ordinary course of business.

Therefore you can get quotations to repair the damage and bring an action in the small claims court against the company and the individual.

You need to write to them first formally demanding payment to cover the cost of repair to be made within 21 days of the date of the letter. Failure to do so will result in a claim resulting in you seeking to recover any court fees and 8% interest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have a letter template to send them