propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Can I possibly have a layout for a letter to send to Yodel

Can I possibly have a layout for a letter to send to Yodel with an estimate for damage.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

This is a question and answer service. the drafting of a letter is outside the scope of this service. I can give you a structure to follow - is that OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's ok.

1. Set out a chronological order of events from date of damage to fence up to the date of last email / correspondence

2. State that the driver damaged the fence during the normal course of his duties as a driver for yodel. Yodel is therefore vicariously liable for his actions and the consequences, the resulting damage.

3. Next state that you have a quotation to repair the damage at £x.

4. Stått There was an admission of liability and therefore as yodel have failed to deal with the repair since {date of incident } you have no other option but to undertake the repair and recover the cost {insert cost of quote} from yodel.

5. State yodel have 21 days from the date of the letter to either repair the fence or make payment in the sum of £x.

6. State failure to repair/pay will leave you no option but to repair the fence and refer the matter to the small claims court to recover £x plus any court fees and interest on the sum claimed at the court rate of 8%.

Remember to date the letter so that the 21 day period xan be calculated.

Post recorded and regular post. You can send a copy by fax/ email if you wish.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Please remember to accept /positive rate. Many thanks.

Any questions or queries? Happy to assist further in respect of my answer.

Please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my reply otherwise I will not get paid by the website for helping you. Many thanks.