75100385

I moved into a large block of flats and when I moved the

I moved into a large block of flats and when I moved the sofa there was a large bold patch in the carpet and a cloud of hundreds of moths. My landlord payed for pest control and replaced the carpet with a synthetic carpet. The moths kept coming back and I found out that the old lady next door was living in squalor and they were originating from her flat. I could even see them flying down the hallway and on the walls of the corridors (although not in the carpets of communal areas). Pest control said they had been at my flat for at least 4 years. The old lady's carer refused to give permission to have her flat done but now she has died and it has been renovated. Pest control said they can go from floor to floor from windows as well as along the corridors. The manager wouldn't have anything to do with it and has allowed it to go out of control. I am fed up constantly having to vacate my flat for it to be treated and am not happy about the chemicals. I keep my good things in suitcases and the rest of my clothes I have to keep replacing because of holes.
Is there any way that I can get out of the lease as I am finding it so stressful?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my nam is Alex and I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if I can get out of my lease on the grounds that the moth problem is still here after 3 years. It keeps coming back because they are coming from other flats in the building. The last manager never dealt with it and it is now out of control. Pest control confirmed at the beginning that they are not coming from my flat. All my clothes are getting holes in them and it is very stressful living here.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Lease or tenancy agreement is it you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a one year tenancy agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. In that case you can just leave. Its called a fundamental breach of contract, you cant live there when its like this.

But to claim that you need to leave NOW. If you dont then it may be deemed that you accept these conditions and therefore you wont be able to move

As such if you want to claim breach you need to leave NOW.