12826847

Plusnet are claiming £82 for me hanging on an open telephone

Customer Question

Plusnet are claiming £82 for me hanging on an open telephone line. My contention is that their operative never at any time recommended me to hang up and he would call back - so I was subjected to unwanted music as he put me on hold. I had contacted Plusnet asking them to change my wife's designation from Mr to Mrs. I had at least 5 consecutive such contacts and Plusnet take the view that I had called and therefore had to pay the full £1 a minute for 82 minutes. My contention is that my waiting time was consumed by their operative achieving nothing despite numerous lengthy absences during which I was left on load. When eventually I found a "manage my account" facility I was able to make the change myself in three minutes; providing further proof that their operative was milking the situation to get the most benefit from the exchange. At the moment Plusnet are blocking me from making any outside calls from my phone.
Allan Young
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the number you called, was it a premium rate?