75100385

My neighbour has planted 6 laurels directly on the boundary

My neighbour has planted 6 laurels directly on the boundary line. I have asked her to move them but she refuses and says she did it on purpose. Can I dig them up and put them on her lawn?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is it a shared boundary line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is an open plan estate but she has put the shrubs in so they will grow over my parking area at the front of my house. She told me this when I asked her to move them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Yes you can dig them up, its a shared boundary line. She can not put anything there without your consent. She did not get this.

Therefore you can dig them up and put them on the lawn. She may try and say this is criminal damage, but it is not. Criminal damage is where you do NOT have a lawful excuse. Here you do, its a shared boundary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's fine thanks Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex