Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have not paid ground rent since2002 perhaps longer than

Customer Question

I have not paid ground rent since2002 perhaps longer than that I wrote to the collecter in2004 asking why no bill was forthcoming they wrote back saying they had ceased to collect since 2002 and the responsibility is with the owner to collect this ihave never since received any bill from the owner what is my position on this robert
Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you, if you have received no demand for the ground rent in the last six years, the only ground rent you will be liable for is as far back as 2010. Any ground rent charged before 2010 will be statute barred. Have you received a demand in the last 6 years? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as I said previously no demand has been received iam not in receipt of any demand
Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. In theory you would be liable for any demand up to 2010 - any ground rent not charge before 2010 would be statute barred. Kind regards AJ

Expert:  Alex J. replied 11 months ago.