75100385

I bought a kitchen from Tesco three years ago and it is

Hi! I bought a kitchen from Tesco three years ago and it is basically falling to pieces. The sub-contractor Tesco used has gone bust. Tesco have offered me just over £5k to replace the doors and go away, but the kitchen cost about £12k and not just the doors, but the work surface (about £4k) also needs replacing. What should I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is the cost of replacing, is it £12k?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like for like would be about £15k now.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You should obtain a number of quotes to repair, this is then your loss.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the loss within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

As your claim may well be over £10,000 then you would need representation as if you lose, then you would be liable for the costs of Tesco.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thanks for that. I'll come back if the quotes are more than £10k.
Yours,
Chris
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck.