29905560

Please can you help as I had a Gas bill sent by EON while

Customer Question

Please can you help as I had a Gas bill sent by EON while the Gas meter was shut, I kept going online to view to update a meter as I thought it could not be correct as I did not use any Ga since December 2015.
In July they cancelled the bill and explained to me that it was not related to the Gas usage but for the presence of a gas meter in the property and no letter or any correspondence highlighted the source of the bill. Today I discover that they reported the data to credit agencies that I was (01) month in arrears in May and (02) months in arrears in June. Despite cancelling the bill they're are not willing to correct the data with credit agencies. According to the it will stand because at time it was accurate?
Remy
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What period does the bill cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a monthly bill online but once I stop using the Gas back in December 2015, I get it every quarter and online if I remember the password! the amount was small between 27.00 -32.00 which looked like predicted bill rather calculated one.
It did happened in the past. Once I enter the reading online it get adjusted automatically.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court for the rest of today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have agreed that it was very understanding to assume that once the meter was shut I was not expecting a bill. So why they so adamant that the record will stand for the remaining 6 years!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you. I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was planning to apply a car loan as mine is 16 years old. I owned from new and those late payments on my credit record for admin charges as I was not consumed gas for over 6 months it seems to me that something can be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final info: The dispute was resolved with Enron regarding the bill in July once the customer service understood the misunderstanding and I was actually willing to pay it once I realized that I get charged on a daily basis by having a meter at home regardless of not consuming gas. Sadly I was not aware of date being reported to credit agency until 2 hour ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant to say Data being reported. My second complaint regarding the data was only made today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added my credit history with the supplier since 2012. They never sent me any correspondence explaining what was the bill for as I do not believe that a meter charges will add up to £32.00 in 6 months?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for our patience. You have a couple of options here. Obviously you can consider pursuing the matter directly with the utility company to see if they can resolve this for you – you must try and use their internal complaints procedure to its full completion.

If that has not helped, you can try and challenge the adverse credit entry directly with the credit referencing agency, such as Experian. You can do this here:

https://www.creditreporthelp.experian.co.uk/statutorydisputes/

They will contact the company to see what has prompted this entry and see if it has been correctly made.

If the organisation responds informing them that they believe the information is accurate and you still disagree, you can add a notice of correction to the entry and refer the matter to a third party to arbitrate.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.