12826847

I had phone call from a firm called Applianceserve, asking

Customer Question

hi, I had phone call from a firm called Applianceserve, asking me to take out insuance with them for cover on my washing machine dryer & television etc. I told them I already had insurance, but he persisted saying they were cheaper.Ihad visitors at the time and I also have to keep an eye on my husband who has Alzheimers. so I said ok but they wanted quarterly payments I said I only do monthly as I cannot do quarterly as I am a o.a.p.,i am also on a I.V.A.. the following week I had a letter off them which I thought was just junk mail. But later they tried to take a lump sum out of my bank, so I cancelled the payment. I have phoned and wrote to them telling them I do not want it, but they said I had 7days to cancel.As I had gone over the time there was nothing they could do.I said on the back of their form,it says they can cancel anytime and will charge £25. I asked could they do that she told me no it does not work like that,this is stressing myself and my husband. I now have received a letter saying as I have not made the payment, I will have to pay the years insurance outstanding of £148.00. or further charges will be added and they may pass it on to a debt collection agency. what can I do.jacqueline coombes
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago did you agree to take out the cover, and how long after this did you cancel?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long ago did you agree to take out the cover, and how long after this did you cancel?