12826847

My father has been missing since 1972 just after my mother

Customer Question

my father has been missing since 1972 just after my mother died & is believed to have gone to New Zealand, we have tried finding him to no avail. I would like to pronounce him dead to give us closure & I looked at the forms online but feel I would like some guidance in completing them as it is £500 to do this procedure & if they are incorrect I would t like to have to pay again. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know if i have to have a solicitor to act for me to declare a missing person presumed dead .....also if I complete the claim form (CPR part 8 ) incorrectly will I be charged the £500 again..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My father has been missing since 1972 and we believe he went to New Zealand my brother who has since died tried finding him numerous times.. I have tried with the Saturday mail also the television programmes and no one seems to be able to help. CAn you point me in the right direction, sandra
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

May I ask why you wish to have him declared dead - and have you instructed a tracing agency?