75100385

What happens if you don't have public liability insurance

What happens if you don't have public liability insurance and a member of the public slips and falls over on your premises and puts in a claim against ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Sadly the business would have to pay up.

Either you would admit it, then come to a deal or if you denied it the matter would go to Court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would it work if my business closed, I am a sole trader and have been trading at a loss for some years now, also I think the claim is/was-negligence on the person's behalf, would I be personally liable after closing the business ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

They could come after you personally.

So yes, if you are sold trader (ie non limited) then yes they could come after you.

Does that clarify?