29905560

How do I stand if I did not issue terms and conditions of

How do I stand if I did not issue terms and conditions of business to a client who is proposing making a claim against me?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello was this a business to business transaction and what is the claim for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a bookkeeper and submit annual accounts for sole traders. I do not know what claim is for exclient has solicitor writing to me for all details of my terms and conditions could be potential claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long to wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is happening can't hold on much longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer to my question
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello sorry I was travelling to the office when I picked up your question. This would have been a business to business transaction so there would have been no legal requirement for you to issue the other side with terms and conditions before you started working together. So it is entirely possible that you could have worked with no specific terms and conditions in place. If you did not issue them with the terms you would normally use, then the main issue is that you would not be bound by these. So neither you nor the other party can rely on these terms if they were not seen and agreed by both parties. So the failure to issue terms in itself would not give rise to any claim against you – you have not done anything unlawful by not issuing them, it just means that the terms under which you were both working would not be clearly defined.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you