29905560

We have a small business, we have a wedding cancelling on us

Hi we have a small business, we have a wedding cancelling on us who knew we had a £1000 deposit policy upon cancel....on our invoice it just says that the holding deposit of £500 will be returned on completion of the wedding, it doesn't actually state how much our deposit was, our terms and condition state that the full deposit will be lost if you cancel the booking. We are only very small, and everything is discussed at booking, we informed them verbally that they could pay £500 to secure the date but we would require the rest of the deposit asap...they paid me the rest of the deposit plus more 2 months later a good 10 months before the wedding....We have already refunded them the extra money they have paid us but feel we cannot let them have back the more than the deposit we had discussed....they already cancelled the wedding for this yr and moved it to next year costing us 1 date and now possibly the 2nd?? any advice would be great, regards Chris
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. How long after paying the deposit and agreeing to your terms did they cancel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they cancelled today
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you. Thank you also for the live phone call request. Please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice in a while and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.