29905560

At work i was shouted and sweared repeatedly and calles an

At work i was shouted and sweared repeatedly and calles an idiot and tuat then threatened me. What legal actions ca i do?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi just 6months
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I reported it to the boss and said they will do something about it and follow company procedures. I just wanted to know what i can personally do legally
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It happened yesterday afternoon. After i reported it to my boss, the guy wanted to say sorry but i didn't want to see him yet because i was too upset.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I realize he admitted to my boss what he has done that's why he wanted to apologize.

Thanks for your patience. The issue here will be your length of service. If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you or force you to leave for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). In the event that the reason for dismissal fell within these categories, then the dismissal will either be automatically unfair, or there will be a potential discrimination claim.

If there are discriminatory grounds for what has happened then that can amount to discrimination regardless of length of service but it has to be on one of the grounds mentioned above. Whilst a formal internal grievance can be submitted at any time, in terms of legal action the only possible way would be to pursue this if there are discriminatory grounds. If there are not, then there would be no option for further legal steps.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the ways this can be taken further if there was discrimination, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think it is discrimination infact my boss gave his sympathy to me and said he will get punished heavily fir it. But what I would like to know if I can file any complaint against him legally as it affected me so much emotionally and mentally. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Considering the verbal abuse and threat I got which I thought were serious, so serious that I almost called the police to help.

if there is no discrimination you cannot take any legal action under employment law. You cannot sue anyone in the circumstances. But you can contact the police if you were feeling threatened at the time and believe there is a threat to your safety in the future

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'