Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

In our divorce settlement in 2006 my ex wife was awarded the

Hi, in our divorce settlement in 2006 my ex wife was awarded the majority of a small frozen pension that I transferred into a cis option 32 policy in 1995. The court order expired 10 years ago. I didn't even remember it was there. The solicitors that represented me said that looking back on the records, the onus was on my ex to claim it, but was never completed, because her solicitor left shortly after the divorce settlement and never completed the work. The claim has never been perused since, and obviously in that time the small investment has grown. Where do I stand with this, as I'd forgotten it was there and thought that it had been already done and dusted. It's only recently that the company has tried to contact me, as I had moved several times and my paperwork has long since gone. Regards, Jerry.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Despite the order being made 10 years ago and your ex-wife not applying to implement it, the order still stands and she would be entitto the relevant share of your pension. I would suggest you contact your ex-wife and your pension company regarding this and to deal with implementation of the order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.,