12826847

I am currently living in a house with my landlord. She asked

Customer Question

Hi. I am currently living in a house with my landlord. She asked me to sign an AST agreement but my rights were not on this. I was giving no house rules and now there have been many petty arguments. I am only allowed my partner to visit once a week, prior to moving in she verbally said visitors would not be a problem. I feel harassed and have told her this. Her daughter has come out of her room to argue with me before as I have left the property.
I have been here 7 days and hate it. The draft "AST" I signed states a 3 month tenancy. From what I have read since I am an excluded occupier - is an AST legally binding once signed?
I really want to get out of here. It's an impossible living situation.
What are the legalities? Is the contract binding. Do I have to serve the 3 months?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

You are a lodger and as you correctly stated an excluded occupier.

The agreement you signed will not be classified as an AST even if it is one.

Did you agree a fixed or periodic term, I assume fixed as you mention 3 months. Any break clause clause in the agreement.?