13262538

In the final divorce settlement in August 2014, the judge

In the final divorce settlement in August 2014, the judge ordered that I pay £1500 off the joint bank account (which was in arrears of approximately £4000) and my soon to be ex husband, by court order, should pay the balance.
In May 2016 I paid the final amount of £1500 off the joint bank account and after consultation with them they advised me to send a joint bank release form, which I have actioned! I have had no response to the letter and the form I sent which I know was received as it was tracked and signed for!
Could you please advise me what my options are... I would sincerely ***** ***** to end any financial relationship with my ex - as we both agreed to a 'clean break' I am anxious that this would affect my credit rating , as I understand it to date, he hasn't been paying his obligation to the bank, therefore the account is still in arrears!
Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give me...
Karon
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Can you please attach the order using the paperclip icon?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Has your ex paid off his share of the debt?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't believe he has been paying off his portion of the debt as it was still in arrears, I queried the balance with the bank in May 2016 when I had paid off my obligation regarding the court order. They advised me to send him a form asking him to release my name from the joint bank account, which I did two weeks ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Have you asked for copies of the Statements?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Cannot access this account online anymore but did ask for a balance which was still in arrears of over 3000 pounds which suggested he had not paid or paid very little off the arrears. I'm trying to find the court order which I know I've received, just having to turn the house upside down whilst drowning in a sea of paper.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

have you asked them to send you a paper statement?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I haven' t.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

That is where you start - you need the evidence for the court!.

If you have paperwork with your Court number on it you can get a copy of the Financial Order form the court for the cost of Photocopies (although they do charge high)

You can then apply to the court to enforce the Order.

How you do this will depend on whether this was part of the Undertakings at the start of the Order (which I suspect) or part of the Order itself.

If it is an Undertaking and there is a "penal notice" attached then you can threaten to send him to prison; if it is part of the Order then you can use a D11 and ask the Court to order that he pays the money immediately.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome I hope it goes well

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.