F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Accidentally drove wrong way on a one way street for

Customer Question

accidentally drove wrong way on a one way street for approximately 20 metres before realising mistake and turning off road. think may have got caught on cctv camera. what happens next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

When was this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yesterday
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

You have to be served with a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days of the alleged offence. Once you have received that notice, if you do get it, they then have six months to issue proceedings with a view to prosecuting you.

You would be charged with failure to comply with traffic signs. It would carry three points and a fine although it could be dealt with by way of fixed penalty.

However, depending on where you live, you may escape the penalty as you will read here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1137523/Driving-wrong-way-way-street-Dont-worry-police-report-more.html

because many forces are taking a more relaxed attitude depending on the nature of the offence.

There is a possibility of driving without due care and attention all without reasonable consideration for other users which could attract more points but based upon the circumstances, it seems unlikely.

Please rate the service positive. It’s the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails. Best wishes.

FES.