29905560

I signed up for a plumbing course with trades gateway on

Customer Question

Hi, I signed up for a plumbing course with trades gateway on 14/10/2014, I feel I have been misold the course and feel ashamed that I have got myself in this position which is the reason I am seeking advice now, I am half way through my payments for the amount of £6140 which I payed a £50 deposit for. My card details have change and I am thinking of not letting them know as it's such a stressful situation and I just want out. I have read so many bad reviews about the company I don't understand how I got myself in the position, I wasnt in the best state of mind when I signed up as I had just had an ectopic pregnancy. Please help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Do you simply want to stop future payments, without recovering past ones?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have read some reviews and people have been able to cancle with a refund and no further payments. So anything that you could do to help I would be happy with, I just don't want anything more to do with them.

Why do you think you were missold the course?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it seems a lot of other people are to, I don't know how they are doing it to people.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Every time you try to ring them etc, it's like they don't want to be on the phone to you. They just send book after book out to you, I ased the lady on the phone one day when I was going to start my practical work and she said I had another 2 books to do, I feel that they lie and send more books out as delaying tactics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I worry if I stop making the payments it will affect my credit score and will be in a mess.

Ok whether you were missold the course or not will very much depend on what you were promised at the outset. For example, were you guaranteed to start practical work by any specific point, were you told there were fewer books than what you are now getting, etc. You will have to show that what you were told about this course has not materialised and we are not talking about small differences here and there, it has to be a significant difference that makes the course clearly different than wat you were told it would be.

In terms of stopping payments, there is nothing preventing you from doing so. If they are unhappy about that and believe that you did so unreasonably and without a valid reason there is also nothing stopping them from pursuing you for the remainder. They have the right to make a claim in the small claims court. Whether they do so is another matter, it will cost them time and money doing so and many companies would not bother. Your credit score will not be affected straight away – this will only happen if they were gig to make a claim and win and you fail to pay them within the specified period. So it does depend on them having to issue a formal claim against you in the first place – you can always wait and see if they do and then consider whether to defend this and claim misrepresentation or just continue with the course to avoid any further action.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.