12826847

I was given a Yorkshire terrier 4 weeks ago we have cared

Customer Question

I was given a Yorkshire terrier 4 weeks ago we have cared for him and loved him, but now the owner said it was only a months trial and she now wants him back, there was no mention of a months trial to us. Please I would like to know where I stand in this matter. The dog has been chipped and the papers are still with her name she won't hand them over. Do I by law have to hand him back.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What was the arrangement when she was given to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She said we could have him and she was prepared to give us his papers and his chip details, she has now told us she wants him back because she wants visitation rights that we haven't refused to give her but she is telling us when she wants to see him which isn't always convenient. Please be aware Monty was abused by her boyfriend he tried to drown him. I am very concerned that he will be abused again, although she has said she is not with him anymore. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, well, women like her are a waste of space. Always somebody else's fault. None of my partners have ever abused my dogs because I wouldn't put up with it. You don't just end up with abusive partners. You choose them because you secretly like being a victim. Normal women don't do that.

Was this done through a rescue or privately?