75100385

I live with bees for the third month. Can I claim back half

Customer Question

I live with bees for the third month. Can I claim back half of my rent for not using that half of my flat? thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Landlord paid pest controller to use smoke bomb but not to remove the nest from chimney in the house. smoke bomb was used nearly 4 weeks ago, stills bees coming in. When reported no change to letting agent they never replied.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are you sure it's bees and not wasps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes, they are bees as the pest controller confirmed it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

do you have a number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash, have you managed to see my number? I sent it twice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Give me a moment. Ash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the call back on this late time of the day. Kind regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No problem, hope it helped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it was some help but I was thinking and I still have questions. I still don't quite understand if I have any chances to get my money back and what is exactly the procedure to ask compensation for not being able to use half of my flat and the stress it caused plus the cost of my moving that I didn't want to do. What is the legal way or the procedure for this? Can you help with any of this? Kind regards.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. You have some chance yes, the procedure is this:

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer. It is much clearer now what I need to do. Thank you Ash. Have a nice evening.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

And you. All the best.