75100385

I am 1 month into a 6 month agreement to rent a studio flat

I am 1 month into a 6 month agreement to rent a studio flat having paid 6 months rent in advance. The tenant below me has attacked another tenant in the building is continually setting off the fire alarm at all hours and has threatened me more than once . The Police are reluctant to take any action as the person has serious mental health problems. My quality of life is such than I need to live elsewhere and intend to give my landlord early notice to leave. What can I expect by way of refund of rent paid in advance.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does the tenancy agreement have a break clause please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe so
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Does the landlord own the whole block or just your flat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just my flat
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

ok the difficulty is that this is not the landlords fault. If you leave then you are contracted for the whole six months, so you would lose those sums.

However if the landlord can re let the property, you would only be liable for the empty period during that time and the agents fess. So you would be entitled to that difference back.

Just to be clear that means you are only liable for the empty period and agents fees. Whatever remains is yours to have back.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?