12826847

My ex partner still owes me money for my 50% of our joint

Customer Question

My ex partner still owes me money for my 50% of our joint house and wont pay . What can I do.
Gillian Garbutt
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Please explain a little more about the background - and what action has been taken so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a solicitor for over 2 years and she has been in correspondence with his solicitor. I tried to make a deal with him where as he paid me a down payment and then paid monthly (thinking it would be fair to do so) he paid the down payment to get hold of the keys as he wanted to live back in the property. He had moved out 3 years previously to live with a women he had met. after he had paid the down payment he moved back in to the property and didn't continue payments. The agreement was he would get his solicitor to draw up a simple agreement between us. The agreement when it came was so confusing my solicitor advised against signing it.i'm now in position that he wont speak to me about the situation and wont pay any money saying he doesn't owe me it. My solicitor says the only thing left it to take him to court but it might cost up to £25,000. I can't afford this as I have a school uniform shop which I only just am able to live off. I'm a my whits end and don't know what to do. My savings have all gone on paying my solicitor with no result.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much is the Property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property worth min £300,000 there is no outstanding mortgage as he paid it off.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
44,000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much have you asked for in Settlement?