13262538

I am a respondent in proceedings for an occupation order, do

Customer Question

I am a respondent in proceedings for an occupation order, do I need to prepare a statement for the Directions appointment which is tomorrow or can that be filed later? I intend to contest the order.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Is this the first hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 'directions' hearing. The first hearing was last week where there was an application made without me being there
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Technically you do not need to take a Statement - tactically it would be a good idea to do so as it is always easier to get your side across.

However you have not yet been Ordered to file a Statement so keep it relatively short but clear - more of a Position Statement than a Witness one!

Some guidance is here

http://simon-walland-family-law.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Position-Statement-Guidance.pdf

Concentrate on how the ongoing position in the house can be maintained/improved for now - until the court makes a final decision - and what housing option your ex has.

Please ask if you need further details