Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

As a result of a breakdown in a non marital relationship it

As a result of a breakdown in a non marital relationship it has been agreed that I will pay my ex-partner an agreed financial sum plus the ownership of a car. In addition, it has been agreed that she will vacate the property by the end of August 2016.
My question is can a solicitor draw up a said agreement that would include the above and in signing such an agreement it would also include that both parties agree not to make any future financial claims against each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When am I likely to receive a response
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. A separation can be prepared by a local solicitor and signed by both parties. However, for further details and information please confirm whose name the property is in?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is solely in my name
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. As the property is in your sole name, you are not married and if there are no formal agreements in place, your ex-partner has no claim to your property and has no right to remain living there after separation and must leave upon being given reasonable notice by you.

The separation agreement can include provision for a settlement and no further claims between you, although your ex-partner would not be legally entitled to any sort of settlement regarding the property unless there was a past agreement or intention between you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.