13262538

I would like to know that I am renting a place from hyde

Customer Question

I would like to know that I am renting a place from hyde Housing my wife is the name on there housing list and I am here as a person that lives here I am the husband of this person I would like to know how I stand on being in this property if my wife shut me out
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Are you in England or Wales and are you certain that the tenancy is in her sole name?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

Wherever you are you have Matrimonial Home Rights on the property and cannot be forced to leave your home unless there has been a Decree Absolute within divorce proceedings - or there is an Order based on violence.

Within any divorce proceedings the issue of which of you should remain in the property will have to be negotiated and either agreed between you or decided by the court

Please ask if you need further details