12826847

Apologies it's a little late in the evening but I have a

Hi there, apologies it's a little late in the evening but I have a question concerning a charge of criminal damage .
I am due I'm court this wwek charged with cracking a windscreen. I was arrested , interviewed and charged with CD. I did not have a lawyer present in interview but did not admit to the crime blaming it on flying stone. The police had to send someone to take a picture and I believe this is their only evidence along with the statement of the driver.
I'm a contractor and it's costing me more in lost work than it would the windscreen damage, I'm wondering if I should try and contact the drIver and settle out of court or if this approach would get me in further trouble or whether I just plead guilty as a trial would mean further days off and travel from London to Chester magistrate court ! I also have a holiday coming up that I wouldn't want a trial to interfere with. It's all a bit of a mess really.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would my best option be to plead guilty ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

how did the damage come about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The damage was somehow cause whilst I was leaning back in the front seat , I believe as I pushed myself back in the seat the pressure of foot against the screen caused it to crack.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You mean you had your feet on the windscreen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did , my shoes were also taken as evidence. It wasn't damaged with intent , I was actually getting on well with the driver before it happened.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

To be wholly honest, it sounds like a reckless criminal damage Im afraid.

I would be considering a guilty plea.

I'm slightly surprised you were able to damage a windscreeen without use of a weapon of some form but there you have it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do not contact him though. That is witness intervention and that would lead to several years custody.

If you want to plead guilty then just attend court and do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that's just it , I'm not 100% sure I did but I have been accused. Completely unrelated but I also took out 220 pounds with the driver and ended up with 100 at the station, the driver being the only person that was with me. Obviously I know this has no bearing at all on my case but it just feels a little ridiculous all things considered.Thanks for your help . All things considered I think a guilty plea be my best option especially considering my work situation. Is there any chance it could get thrown out on the day ? What punishment would I expect to receive and finally should I try to contact him to maybe prevent this going to court.I assure you, no weapons were involved in this incident !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies just read the witness intervention thing ! Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

If it is just a broken windscreen then I would expect a low level community order like forty hours unpaid work.