12826847

My son had his personal things taken off him on conviction

Customer Question

my son had his personal things taken off him on conviction ie silver chain his 40 birtday gift his mobile phone that had pictures of his deceased father irreplaceable and credit card plus other bits in his wallet he was sent bto Peterborough HMP and then transfered to Woodhill HMP Milton Keynes his possessions were sent to Woodhill who then returned them to the post office as my son had again transfered to Ranby hmp in Nottingham the post office have tracked them to their place but nothing after that and no-one is taking responsibilty for this what can we do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What is the value of the goods?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the phone was around £2 to £250 the chain cost me £150 and pictures of his father priceless cannot be recovered as he has passed away his credit card who knows what or where this is the package was supposedly sent by secured postage with security numbers from HMP Nottingham
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son is devestated at this problem and doesn,t know how to solve it with his goods being recovered
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So these items were part of his property that was removed from him when booked into prison?