12826847

The issue is that as a Tenant with BPHA as the landlord,

Customer Question

The issue is that as a Tenant with BPHA as the landlord, Barrett Homes are stating that I can not speak to them regarding matters that are unrelated to the rental address. The issues are regarding two parks within the Trumpington Meadows Site which have been stated are still under the control of Barrett Homes (Despite them trying to say otherwise). BPHA have stated themselves that they are unable to address these issues as they are not under their control which these parks are not.
When trying to deal with Barrett Homes I am constantly told to deal with BPHA as landlord (them then stating as above). This leaves me very frustrated as just because I am a tenant I am not allowed to report incidents or dangers on the site.
BPHA have even responded on the request of Barrett Homes to ask me to stop sending emails, yet they can do nothing to respond to my reports or incidents and dangers. This seems to imply that I have no rights whilst a tenant to BPHA on the Trumpington Meadows Site.
I would like your help in this matter as they have left me with little recourse than to seek legal advise on whether my rights are indeed being ignored and whether there is a case for discrimination.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have BPHA confirmed in writing that its not them?
In summary what is the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Barratt Homes will not answer any of my question stating that because I am a tenant I must go through BPHA who have stated on at least two occasions that they can not deal with questions that are unrelated to the rented house. This leaves me with no where to go for answers to my questions regarding issues on the Housing development
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bpha Stated: We can assist you with aspects relating to your home but as we have provided you with adequate parking we cannot allocate further parking to you or any other resident as we do not have any spaces available.
If you feel strongly about the matter I would suggest you contact Barratts to discuss the issue further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Barratt Homes state:
Dear Mr Reynolds
As previously advised, we are unable to respond to you. Any enquiries you have should be made via BPHA, your landlords.
Caroline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this discrimination because I am a tenant?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

But what is the question you need to raise with Barratt Homes or whoever it is?
I need to know so I can help - is it parking related?