12826847

My ex-wife is trying to change a contact order from 5 days

Customer Question

My ex-wife is trying to change a contact order from 5 days every 2 weeks, to 1 day every two weeks. The reason she stats is that the children are older (currently 7 & 9) and need a more stable arrangement. The current 5 day arrangement is Wednesday night & Thursday night (1st week) & Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night (2nd week) plus 50/50 on school holidays. We've tried mediation where I stated that I would not accept such a change to the contact order, and now she's engaged a resolution solicitor who is essentially proposing the same arrangement via an email this afternoon. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
regards, Sebastian
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What evidence does she refer to to show that there is a problem with the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,Thanks for getting back to me swiftly.She is stating that the school has suggested that my youngest daughter is not progressing at school as she should be and are citing the current contact arrangement as the problem. She has also indicated that the proposed contact arrangement is what the girls want.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Were you aware of the school problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not at all. Up until recently, she stated that the girls wanted to shorten the number of days they spent with me to just every other weekend. In February this year I announced to her that I would be re-marrying in August 2017 in Mauritius and asked in advance for permission to have access to their passports one month before travelling. She expressed her concerns in a 3-page email with reasons why they should not go, including that the girls miss her being so far away for two weeks. At mediation, the mediator asked her what I needed to do so that she'd be happy to allow the girls to travel to Mauritius. She said that she would need to accompany the girls to Mauritius, and that I would need to pay for her flight and board.
She has also for the past 6 months been asking for my family members addresses and contact phone numbers whenever the girls stay over with family at weekends and during the holiday periods. Some of my family have moved homes since we divorced and they are not comfortable with disclosing their personal details to her. She is asking for these addresses etc via her solicitor.
The above are essentially the 3 main issues she is raising.Regards, Seb
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Does she give you the details of every person the girls stay over with?

What is the longest time the girls have spent with you so far?

What did the last school report say?