13262538

I would like some advice please. My daughter was placed into

Hi I would like some advice please. My daughter was placed into my care at the age of 15 months (she will be eight in October) by social services without me signing anything or being on the birth certificate. I would now like to get her a passport but can't because I haven't got anything official to say I have parental responsibility? What do I have to do to get it so I can get her a passport?
***** *****
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where is the child's mother?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My daughter's mother is a drug addict, and I am unsure where she is.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I remember years ago social services stated that my daughter's mother could legally come and take my daughter (albeit that is really unlikely and could notify the police straight away) so it's important that I get the PR if that makes sense. For me though is is more about getting her a passport so I can take her on holiday abroad.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Ok

You will need to apply to the Court for an Order giving you Parental Responsibility and a separate Child Arrangement Order stating that the Child lives with you just in case the mother does turn up.

You will need to make the application (for both on the same form) on a C100 available here

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/c100-eng.pdf

The total fee is £215.

At the first appointment the Court may decide that they wish to arrange for Service on the mother - if so then they will arrange it. However if they do then do not worry - no one will remove the child from your care.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Thanks for that. Just another question, it states on the form that I must attend a MIAM before going to court. However, it also says there are special circumstances where I would not have to. The fact that the mother is uncontactable, would that fall under the special circumstances? So could I apply without it basically?Regards
Mark
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Yes it falls under exemption 13.e

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok great, just one more question then, If they want to want to arrange service on her mother, the court would definitely meet the cost for that?Thanks
Mark
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

There will be no extra cost to you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fab and last last question, on the form obviously I am the applicant, who would the respondent be my daughter's mother?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Correct!