How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have dispute with my commercial landload epping council As

Customer Question

I have dispute with my commercial landload epping council
As a business we are restricted to what we can sell . Since 2009 i complaint to council my next door newsagents selling my core grocery line and effecting my trade . They promised action never implemented .and top of that i have to have both knee replacement and bone cancer.
When i fail to meet the rent payment. Council took me to court. My misfortune i had chemotherapy day before .even i forward all letters to court ask them to change the day so i can present my side to the went ahead in my absent . So council in my view obtain unfair judgement. Ever since they are harassing me with that ruling
I like to setting aside the ruling . Can you please help
Hopfull for a positive reply
Thank you
Prathapan raghavan ***@******.*** ***********
01992 560815
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have all papers i can sent to you by email
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

Is there any stipulation in next door’s lease about what they can sell, the same way as there is in your hands.

How far behind were you with the rent? Is that now up-to-date?

Do you accept that you were behind with the rent?

Why do you think the judgement was unfair?

When did they take you to court?

What do you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please forward me email address so can forward all the papers
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

We can only provide external email addresses if you have an extra service such as telephone call or documents drafted, for which there is an extra cost.

However, you can attach papers on here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought you will assist me like a practice
I need help such as going through documents etc
And present case to court (not to attend court on my behalf )
Look like your service not beneficial for my need
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

We can go through documents for you and tell you what you need to say in court. We can tell you how to handle the court process.

However you need to attach the documents otherwise we can’t advise you on them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please provide email id {if i can afford i will give you a call } most of the papers are email , i can not attach as files
I like to Set aside a past judgement against me
So with out seeing papers happen in emails
that is why ask for email
thank you
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

You can send the documents to *****@******.*** with my name on, FES and they will be forwarded to me.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions