12826847

I bought a brand new car from Alfa Romeo on 3oth July.

Customer Question

I bought a brand new car from Alfa Romeo on 3oth July. Within 10 days, it developed an electrical fault and the dealer still cannot diagnose the fault and are saying it will be another week before they have any news. We have lost faith in Alfa and want to return the car for a refund. Can we do this using the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or other legislation?
Paul
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Was the car new or used when you bought it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was brand new but was already registered as it was a cancelled order from another customer

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a meeting with the sales manager of the dealer at 4.30 pm today. Do you think you will be able to give me an indication in time for this meeting?

Hi there. I will try to get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Sorry looks like i wont be able to reply in time so let me know if you still want me to comment later on?

Hello please let me know if you need further assistance with this so I know whether to prepare my response and get back to you? Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No its been too long now. please close your file.