I have been renting a property for the past 4yrs ,and have

Good afternoon, I have been renting a property for the past 4yrs ,and have recently been informed by the local authority that the property can only be lived in for 10months in the year. I have been paying rent for 12months in the year .There has been multi agents that have worked for the landlord but not one of them has informed me of the 10 month occupancy. I wish to know what rights do I have as to reclaiming the overpayment that I have been paying. There is nothing on my tencey agreement be it 10 or 12 months .
and I have been lied to from the very start .I am one of 8 tenants and we have all been told the same.
Thank you. Rob
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

Hello Rob my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What type of property and rental agreement do you have please?

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My apologies for the delay in my response to your reply, the answer to your question is "short term tencey. Regards Robert,
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Am I going to get a reply ?????
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
You have 48 hours to reply !!! If not then kindly give my money back Mr R ******
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

Hello I am Jamie and I can help

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Jamie I don't understand what you are saying here !!! This does not seem to relate to my question at all ??? Robert
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

It does, I am only paid if you click happy stars, could you please do that for me? Thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No ........ Ansaw my question and I will ..... And as regards ***** ***** ratings !!! I will rate you as I see fit to do so ??