75100385

I need to know where i stand in regards to the recent sale

Customer Question

I need to know where i stand in regards ***** ***** recent sale of my business.
I recently sold my ltd company in May of this year and the purchaser paid a deposit and was then supposed to pay the rest in installments. They have paid all but the last payment which was due to be paid on the 10th August. They are now saying they will not be paying the final payment until i provide them with a list of all previous sales. I do not have the information they are asking for. All information was contained within the ebay account which they now have sole access to. They are also saying they are now going to take me to court to recover all the money they have paid.
Please can you tell me if
1. Can i take them to court for the £1,500 they still owe?
2. Can they make me pay the money back they have paid?
I have the agreements and prommisory note associated with the transaction if you wish to read it.
Sharon
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sharon my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

The agreement, does it say its conditional for full payment on receipt of this information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont believe so ....i have read it 3 times and cannot find anything but due to all the legal terms i am not 100% sure. I have tried to attach the agreements but it keeps saying error? thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand all of that but just wanted to know for piece of mind if they can claim money back ?
can i email you copy of the agreement ?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

No they can not claim money back.

I can look at the agreement but that would be an additional cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how much please?
as i just want to be sure.
thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

How many pages is it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
7 a4 pages
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Ok - I will put forward an additional offer for you to consider.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
at the moment i do not have enough fund on my credit card but i am trying to borrow some more money from my dad but he hasnt got back to me yet
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Sure, no problem.