How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I need to know where i stand in regards to the recent sale

Customer Question

I need to know where i stand in regards ***** ***** recent sale of my business.
I recently sold my ltd company in May of this year and the purchaser paid a deposit and was then supposed to pay the rest in installments. They have paid all but the last payment which was due to be paid on the 10th August. They are now saying they will not be paying the final payment until i provide them with a list of all previous sales. I do not have the information they are asking for. All information was contained within the ebay account which they now have sole access to. They are also saying they are now going to take me to court to recover all the money they have paid.
Please can you tell me if
1. Can i take them to court for the £1,500 they still owe?
2. Can they make me pay the money back they have paid?
I have the agreements and prommisory note associated with the transaction if you wish to read it.
Thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sharon my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

The agreement, does it say its conditional for full payment on receipt of this information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I dont believe so ....i have read it 3 times and cannot find anything but due to all the legal terms i am not 100% sure. I have tried to attach the agreements but it keeps saying error? thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I understand all of that but just wanted to know for piece of mind if they can claim money back ?
can i email you copy of the agreement ?
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

No they can not claim money back.

I can look at the agreement but that would be an additional cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how much please?
as i just want to be sure.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

How many pages is it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
7 a4 pages
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Ok - I will put forward an additional offer for you to consider.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
at the moment i do not have enough fund on my credit card but i am trying to borrow some more money from my dad but he hasnt got back to me yet
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Sure, no problem.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice