75100385

Applying in England for a European Order for Payment against

Hi, applying in England for a European Order for Payment against a German resident individual
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I don't know, can you give me an idea what else you might need from me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a UK CCJ, just so I understand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I don't have a CCJ, no. I have a series of promissory notes for an aggregate amount of €100,000 plus 10% interest pa for over 7 years (so in the region of €190,000 total claim).I have completed an EOP application form A and sent it to the High Court in London, who returned it to me as the principal amount claimed is under £100,000 (the EOP form doesn't permit me to specify an amount of interest claimed, just a rate and the period).I am now trying to understand whether I need to fill in a claim form N1 and lodge it together with the EOP application form at the Central London County Court, and what the court fees might be (I believe these are 5% of the claimed amount), or whether I simply send the form and the fees to the CC.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a CCJ or the same in Germany?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not have any judgment in Germany - I have promissory notes that are repayable on demand, and demand has been made under each of them.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then in reality you need a CCJ first.

So yes you need to issue using form N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

Then once you get Judgment you can enforce it using the EEO route.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for that - if you could confirm the level of fees as well, that'd be great - at 5%, if I'm no mistaken, they seem on the high side for a "simple" application.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

5% - yes.

Those are the charges sadly by the Court service.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** 5 stars!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!