12826847

I have been charged by cbs for common assault by battery and

Customer Question

I have been charged by cbs for common assault by battery and criminal damage ,my partner not pressing charges by the courts are , I feel this is because I admitted the affences with no legal advice taken .
Is this right and do I need a solicitor on my court date to help with my defence or should I again bleed guilty with not legal help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you have admitted the offences then you don't really have an option but to plead guilty whether you have advice or not.

You can use the duty solicitor at court though.

Never admit offences at the police station. You cannot lie but the no comment interview is golden.

Better still find yourself a partner who doesn't call the police to domestic disputes. We all have rows. we don't all get the police involved in them and these women would never do so if they had to pay for the police to attend.