13262538

My ex girlfriend made a false claim of harassment against

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend made a false claim of harassment against me. I accrued £1200 of legal costs preparing a case. She then dropped it at the last minute. Am I entitled to go to the small claims court for the £1200 from her? The CPS bought the case against me, and not her; but based on her false evidence. She clearly repeatedly lies in her statement and I have the proof
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you .

I am very sorry for what has happened to you but sadly no you cannot make any claim against her for your legal fees.

There is no Contract between you that she has breached to trigger a claim and sadly the fact is that people lie - which is not in itself a ground for a claim

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thank you, ***** ***** anyone that can be held responsible or do i just have to take the hit of the 1200? surely anyone could just make anything up about anyone, what is her consequences for this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Sadly there is no one else who you can claim against.

Indeed people do make up things all the time - only rarely to the police then prosecute the "victim" for the waste of police time - but it is happening more often so she runs a risk if she tries again