75100385

I have been offered a job by my brother who is operations

Hello.
I have been offered a job by my brother who is operations director of an IT support firm and I would like to know if there is any way it could hurt me or my future to take the job.
14 years ago by brother used my cheque book and our mum's credit card but we didnt't report it. 10 years ago he was convicted of using his employers credit card without permission. When he was out on probation he tried to apply for a Wonga loan in my mum's name but she caught him and didn't report it. He has not had any legal issues since that I know of.
6 years ago I took out a loan to help my brother rent a flat near his work so he could keep working, as he was helping my mum with her mortgage arrears but after three months he stopped paying me back so I paid about 50% of my wages to the loan repayments for three years.
I genuinely don't think my brother would do anything stupid to risk his new company when things seem to be going well and there is oversight by his business partners, but I don't know them and have to consider all sides. I have to be objective and assume the worst could happen. I don't trust my brother to put my well being above his own but I do not know if just taking a job in his company opens me up to risk. If he does something illegal within his company, could I be implicated just because I am his brother or would he have to specifically do something to point the finger at me? Also, even if there isn't a legal case against me, would it be possible for his business partners to try and get me to repay it if my brother did steal from them.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has your brother got anything to do with your new work?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he is the operations director of the new firm and will be running the company with two other directors
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

They know you are all related?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they know I'm his brother. I'm also concerned that by sharing the same surname and being part of the company, would it make it easier to use my name to commit fraud or something else I've not thought of against me. All the accounting is done In house but as far as I'm aware my brother doesn't have any part in that.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Ok - it makes no difference then, you havent done anything wrong.

If he does something illegal, unless you were involved or have knowledge then it would not effect you whatsoever. So unless that happens you would not be implicated or under suspicion.

In any event if he did steal something then you would NOT have to pay it back - its nothing to do with you.

Its all to do with him