75100385

A French bank stole my money by closing my account just

Customer Question

A French bank stole my money by closing my account just before I moved back to the UK, refused to give me a closing statement or letter and won't respond to my e-mails. I have documents of transfers that can prove the money was in the account. Question: this bank has a UK presence. Can I go after them in the UK through the county court system or am I stuck trying to get justice in France?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What sums are we talking about please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1100€
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm starting to think you just stole my money too. How about a response?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was just in court. You can't sue the bank in the uk as this will be a different legal entity either Ltd or Plc.

You need to write to the French bank and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You do the by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If you get judgment you can get a European enforcement order so can enforce the uk judgment in France