12826847

My husband has left to live as a single man,we have been

Customer Question

my husband has left to live as a single man,we have been together for 37 years have 4 children ,the youngest being 20,he whated the house sold which we did,i got my haft of the money,which was not alot,myself and my 20 year old had to get a rented accommodation. just asking if after 37 years,does he still have to keep a roof over my head, im 57 years old,no job,can not get help with rent as me and my daughter had to go on the rent agreement,as i have no income, hes said we are on own ,can he do this .Thanks Mrs penny Brand
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

What was the equity in the property and what income does your ex have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Balance 50,989.70, but out of that there was £30,000 diet to be payed,which is still being delt with ,so what was left was spilt,about £12,000 each, he gave us 6 mouths rent,he says we are now on your own,just very worryed when the six mouths is up,
he get nearly £3,000 a mouth to him self,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he just do that,!!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What was the debt - and may I ask why you did not seek advice before the house was sold?