12826847

My daughter is a relief (casual) lifeguard for Wakefield

Customer Question

My daughter is a relief (casual) lifeguard for Wakefield Council. She has been in that position for 8 years. She is a single parent of a 7 year old son, and receives working (and child) tax credits provided she works for 16 hours per week, The Council are aware of this. She is currently undergoing some medical tests and treatment for psoriasis, which have made her unavailable to accept occasional shifts in the last 4/5 weeks, but she has now found that offers of shifts have dried up completely without anyone explaining to her why. What is her position in law?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you know whether shifts have been made available for other casual workers? Also, does you daughter have a contract for the work that she does; if so do you know what it says in relation to shifts / hours?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Do you know whether shifts have been made available for other casual workers? Also, does you daughter have a contract for the work that she does; if so do you know what it says in relation to shifts / hours?