75100385

I rented with a business partner commercial premises on a

I rented with a business partner commercial premises on a six year lease. Our business failed and went into liquidation after two years. The Landlords issued a Statutory Order to both myself and the business partner which resulted with a Second Charge on my property for the balance of rent for six years. I am now selling that property and no longer am I in touch with the ex business partner. Do I have any right in knowing if any monies have been received from the ex partner by the Landlords? Can I enquire if they have pursued the ex partner in any way?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you asked the Landlord if they have received any sums from your ex business partner at this stage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not yet, but are they duty bound in law to give an accurate answer?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Yes they are. I would ask. They must tell you if any payments have been received from your ex as they can't claim twice and profit from this so to speak

But they are under no legal obligation to pursue your ex, as you are joint and severally liable.

But they must tell you if payments have been received, how much and when

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You. If When I have sold my property and the charge settled will I have a right to place a charge on any property that my ex business partner owns for 50% of the sum I have had to pay out?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Yes you can. He owes you half.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Finally how or by whom can I do a Land Registry search to ascertain what property she owns?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

You can't sadly. There is no public search facility for that.

I am sorry. Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ash my thanks to you. Nothing else today. Well done!
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!