75100385

We received a letter from a small claims court last week,

We received a letter from a small claims court last week, stating we had not paid a parking ticket issued in November 2015. We had not received any previous letters about this matter.
Checking the court letter it was incorrectly addressed, we live at number 6 and the letter was sent to number 5. We can only assume that any previous letters have been sent to the wrong address and have not reached us. We don't no if this is a valid claim, as we have very few details about the alleged offence. Not sure how to reply to the court letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume it shows the Claimant's name and address on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
claimants details are on the letter. Vehicle details appear correct, but we did not receive any previous correspondence from the company
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you just need to file a defence at this stage saying that you deny all knowledge and put the Claimant to proof. That stops the matter for the time being.

Then you can write to the claimant, ask what it is about and explain about you never had a ticket and the details are wrong.

But you must file a defence otherwise you would get a county court judgment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,After writing to the claimant, can they then send and enforce a ticket over 8 months old?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If it was not properly served then no

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.