How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought a reclinig chair from dfs at castle marina retail

This answer was rated:

Hi I bought a reclinig chair from dfs at castle marina retail park last year for £ 950 and the colour is peeling of, they have been to fix it twice but now tel;l that they were just goodwill gestures and are not fixing it any morte

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How did you pay for the chair? Did it come with a guarantee and if so, for how long?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I payed cash on my debit card, and it has a 5 year guarantee , but they tell me that does not cover the finish , i payed extra for a better leather

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund or replacement within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you