31090051

Members of my family are beneficiaries of a Trust set up in

Customer Question

Members of my family are beneficiaries of a Trust set up in Scotland by a relative who died last October. Since then apart form acknowledging that they are beneficiaries and checking their home addresses the soliciors have providen no information when requested and said that the trust is to be wound up and more recently said that the Trustees (partners in the solicitors firm) will be resigning and new trustees assumed as this will have technical implications in tax and law. The solicitore will not provide any more information even though we have been in touch with the Client relations manager. Do the beneficiaries have a right to know details of the original trust and the reasons for the winding up.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the beneficiaries are entitled to know about the trust and why it is being wound up. If you don't hear from the client relations manager within 14 days, write to the SLCC and they will insist that the solicitors deal with this. If you haven't done so already go to https://www.scottishlegalcomplaints.org.uk/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.