75100385

I purchased a used kia sportage 2012 for £13850 last week

Customer Question

I purchased a used kia sportage 2012 for £13850 last week and it came with only one key the car was purchased from a Dealer should he provide or pay for a second key! Only it will cost me over £240.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they said why it only had one key? When you ordered it, did they say it only had one key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can£44 be free No just give me the Answer thanks!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I needed more information before I can give you the legal answer.

You need to write and set out your losses and request another key at their cost or the refund of that new key within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that my wife dealt with it she said he had written comes with one key and that the other is kept with the lease company that put it into Auction i phoned both parties who said it only had one key since being returned by the person that leased it! I phoned KIA YHRY said the car must have 2 keys for safty ie a child getting locked inside as an example.So are you saying that the Garage who sold me the car Have to provide or pay for a second spare key! regards Bob.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I think you should have a spare. So I dont see why you should be put out.

I have a lease car and have two keys!
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the sales invoice in the box it says Key No's 1 . I know the car is not new but for the money it cost. And for the Safety point ie a child being locled in .can i ask him to supply or pay for a second key. They said the second key was held by the lease company as normal! But as i have found out its been lost i will tell him i expect him to pay for the spare .Can he refuse to pay the cost of the second key and how do i stand Legally! Regards Bob
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No he can not. In law you should have two keys.

Please take the steps I have outlined above.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your Advice I will vontavt the garage
Top man thanks again regards Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats Contact the garage!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Good luck!