How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have just received a letter from the Greater Manchester

Resolved Question:

I have just received a letter from the Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement Unit in relation to a speeding fine last december saying I owe £327.
On Jannuary 15 2016 i paid the £100 fine and it was taken out of my account on January 16th.
I then received a summons to go to court. I wrote back stating I would not attend as I had paid the fine and enclosed a copy of my bank statement proving I had.
I then received a letter on 26th July (dated 13th July) ordering me to pay £327 made up of £220 fine, £22 victim sur and £85 costs.
Once gain I replied on 2 August stating I had paid the £100 in January again providing evidence with a bank satement.
I also tried on numerous occasions phoning the numbers on the letter but no human ever answered.
I went to Cheadle Heath Police Station on 27th July and was told I needed to contact the court.
On the 28th July i went to the fines office on the 2nd floor. The lady told me I should contact the police!! When I said I had she sent me to the 1st floor where they told me I should go the Central Ticketing Office for which they no address, just a phone numer. I rang that number and no one answered. It was suggested I may not have satisfied all the conditions (ie sending licence) but surely once I had paid they should have acknowledeged receipt of my payment and advised what, if anything was outstanding, otherwise how am I supposed to know.
Could you please advise me whether I should pay the £327 having already paid the initial
fine 8 months ago.
Thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Had you paid the £100 within the period allowed by the fixed penalty?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

Ok- then you can appeal to the Crown court. You need to be quick as you have a limited time to do that.

You can show you already paid the penalty and therefore the matter should have come to an end.

You have evidence of this - so therefore you should appeal to the Crown Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I appeal when no one ever answers the phone and no one answers my letters.Ihave tried all methods availble, so how do I contact them when they do not anwer the phone or respond to letters
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

You fill out a form from the Magistrates Court.

It will then be set down for an appeal.

You have the court details so you just need to fill out a form

This is the form you need:

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i will do that.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions